Many of you probably don’t know that I am a Certified Holistic Nutritionist who graduated from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in Ottawa, Canada. I love everything health-related and cooking. Today, I would like to share two desserts that are very easy to make, taste delicious, and kids love them.
This decadent Chocolate Chia Pudding made with chia seeds, coconut milk, and cacao is the perfect wholesome dessert or midday snack. I have always been a fan of chia pudding because there are so many ways to make it. The base recipe is really simple.
How to make Chocolate Chia Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
You will need:
- a can of coconut milk
- 30g chia seeds
- 3-4 (medjool) dates or you can use a sweetener such as maple syrup or honey
- 3-4 Tbs cacao powder (I use this one)
- pinch of sea salt
- for the banana chia pudding just use a banana and leave out the cacao
- add water if desired or if pudding is too thick
- Toppings (optional): chocolate chips, coconut flakes
A lot of chia pudding recipes involve mixing together the ingredients in a bowl, covering, and allowing to thicken on its own (since chia seeds are like little sponges that gelatinize when exposed to water). But I like to take it up a notch and blend it for an ultra-creamy pudding.
- Peel dates and remove pits. Soak in a bit of warm water for 5-10 minutes or until softenend
- Add all ingredients to blender (I have a Vitamix!), including dates WITH the soaking water
- Blend on high until creamy well combined. Mixture will thicken rapidely in blender. Add up some extra water if needed to aid blending or for a thinner pudding.
- Transfer to container or jar (such as mason jar) and place in refrigerator to c hill and continue to thicken slightly.
- Enjoy with topping of choice!